cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed jobs flooding system

Kurtis_Franklin
Level 4
I am getting an additional two reports of a job being missed every second or so. I am up to nearly 350,000 jobs in the job history making it impossible to see what has been missed and what completed successfully.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?
9 REPLIES 9

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
Kurtis,
This is an issue that is being worked on as we speak. It was caused by an anomoly in hotfix 10 and is triggered by a job being missed. In some cases cycling the Backup Exec services causes it to stop showing these missed jobs.
A hotfix is pending for this issue, and should be release within a few days. Keep an eye out for aLiveupdate notification.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Daniel

Kurtis_Franklin
Level 4
Thanks for the reply. I performed a live update this morning and rebooted, and it seems to have stopped the increasing number of jobs. Is there an easy way to delete all of these jobs to speed things up? I am limited to deleting 2500 jobs at a time manually or 5000 if running the database maintenance.

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
Unfortuantely, that is a limitation.
Again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Kurtis_Franklin
Level 4
Thanks anyway.

David_Woodcock
Level 4
Not sure, 'thanks anyway' is really appropriate when he has to spend the next 2 hours MANUALLY deleting jobs.

I recently had to do it with 100,000 jobs, and had I reported it, I would be expecting an exact and quick way of deleting ALL of them in one hit. The second Symantec were made aware of this, someone should have made a hack to save us time.

Eric_Reid_2
Level 4
My recommendation to Symantec is to write a quick SQL Query and command to delete all "missed" jobs in one single command and distribute as a download to customers. I'm quite sure any decent DBA can work that majic quickly.

Eric Reid

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
"me too" post. can only remove 2500 logs at a time. restarting services didn't help- had to edit schedules of jobs (set so that jobs have no future scheduled run time) and this stopped it. Once I cleared the 100,000+ logs, I then re-edited the schedules. the fun never ends.

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
One thing that been working for me is to select one of the missed jobs and start it, after a minute I cancel it and then it stops adding missed jobs in the schedule.

Sune_Scherfig
Not applicable
I just deleted 140.000 missed, with SQL:

use bedb
go
delete from dbo.JobHistorySummary
where FinalJobStatus=9 and EndTime> '2007-03-05'