cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Hard Drives in Selection List - HELP!

DDeep
Level 2
All,
In desperate need of some help here.  Last week I got a couple new servers in and today I went into Backup Exec to add them to selection list and noticed that some of the hard drives were not displaying.  Then out of curiousity, I checked some of the other servers that have been here for years and noticed that drives are missing in the selection list also.  It's the weirdest and scariest thing I've seen in a while.  Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this problem and have a resolution?  I have ran liveupdate and re-deployed agents to all servers, and also rebooted my media server.  I am running 12.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DDeep
Level 2
Figured out the problem last week and feel pretty stupid.  The database servers where the drives were "missing" are part of a cluster.  I noticed in the selection list that the cluster name was listed and found the drives there.  Makes total sense but find it weird that it was never like that before and don't understand why all of a sudden the drives are only on the cluster name.  Either way, problem resolved and my apologies for wasting peoples time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DDeep
Level 2

Here is some additional information that may help:

All servers are running Windows Server 2003

Backup Exec
12.5 Rev. 2213

Remote Agent

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You do have the RemoteAgent installed as the Local System Account on all remote serverr, right?

Does  the default Admin Share exist for the missing drives?

pfx82
Level 4
Three P's on this one:

P - Program requirements not met for the System Logon Account
P - not enough Permission
P - group Policy restriction

If this is a sudden and total loss of selection of remote servers, I would look at policy over permissions.

The System Logon Account is very important with this type of an issue. Ensure the System Logon Account exists under Network > Logon Accounts. If exists, update the Password and ensure the account name shows the proper DOMAIN\ACCOUNT name.

DDeep
Level 2
Figured out the problem last week and feel pretty stupid.  The database servers where the drives were "missing" are part of a cluster.  I noticed in the selection list that the cluster name was listed and found the drives there.  Makes total sense but find it weird that it was never like that before and don't understand why all of a sudden the drives are only on the cluster name.  Either way, problem resolved and my apologies for wasting peoples time.

Rafiq
Level 3
HI,

While creating policy in NB Master server, i am not able find policy type 'MS-SQL-SERVER'
Can anybody help me ?

Thanks
Rafiq