cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Job and History BE2014

nerdyone
Level 2

I created a new Job which backs up a VM to disk. I created the job by selecting my Vcenter server and then selecting the VM under it as Backup Exec requested.  I've run the job, received a notification that the job has completed and now I'd like to edit some selections. The issue is that the job is no where to be found in Job Monitor or Job Histories. I've confirmed I am filtering for "All Jobs", I have restarted the computer and restarted all BE Services. I've tried to re-create the job (using the standard naming practice which is required by my company)  and Backup Exec states that the job already exists. Now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you perhaps not create a one-time backup?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Sound slike your BE database may be corrupt.  You might try using BEUTILITY.exe and reapir the database.

You probably want to open a support ticket.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you perhaps not create a one-time backup?

Thanks!

nerdyone
Level 2

I think CraigV may have just nailed it. I had created the job without a schedule. I found the job under "Backup and Restore", under the Vcenter Server and Upon adding a schedule, the job now can be found under the monitor. 

...still doesn't explain why the job is not showing under the job history as it did run yesterday. I'll try running it again and see if everything is resolved from just that. 

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Even one-time backup jobs should be visible under Job History.