Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Duplicate full backup to tape

Ivan_2
Level 4

Dear all,

We are using BE 2010 R3.

We had setup the full backup on Sunday, duplicate to tape after full backup.

We would like to duplicate one more set of full backup to tape at the beginning of each month.

When I manually create a duplicate job, we cannot find the full backup which had been done before.

Is there any simple way to do this kind of monthly duplicate to tape as we already have full backup to disk.

Ivan

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Add another duplicate stage to the job and specify a monthly schedule.

Ivan_2
Level 4

If so, will the "Another duplicate" job contain all full backup in a month?

Ivan

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want another duplicate of all your backups, it would be easier to have 2 duplicate jobs run after your backup.  There is less chance of errors.  Alternatively, do a manual duplicate and you can select whichever backup sets that you want.

Ivan_2
Level 4

I was trying to set a manual duplicate of those full backup but I cannot find those full backup in the backup list.

If the full backup is duplicated in the policy, is that I cannot use manual duplicate to make a copy of it?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the full backup is duplicated in the policy, is that I cannot use manual duplicate to make a copy of it?

You should be able to.  There is no restriction for making manual duplicates.

If you cannot see your backup sets, it might be that they are deleted.  You might have to extend their retention period.

Ivan_2
Level 4

I am sure the backup set had no deleted but I cannot find them in manual duplicate....

I can find them in the manual restore job.

Ivan