cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly back up doesn't work

coolcsgeek
Level 3
I checked all the backup schedules and they are correct. but somehow the monthly backup that are supposed to be run at the end of the month is not working. it runs as a DAILY backup or a WEEKLY backup. and template set is like the following. so i don't see why superseding is not working.

if start times conflict, END OF MONTH supersedes DAILY.
if start times conflict, END OF MONTH supersedes END OF WEEK.
if start times conflict, END OF WEEK supersedes DAILY.

any suggestions to look up?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I've had this problem before, and I ended up deleting the rules and recreating them.
Our jobs run as follows, which made sense to delete and recreate only 1 rule:

Daily      - Monday --> Friday
Weekly  - Saturday
Monthly - Last Saturday of every month

My only rule was: If start times conflict, MONTHLY supercedes WEEKLY. I was able to do this due to the Weekly job running on a Saturday, and not being impacted by the Daily job.

You can also delete those rules, and recreate them manually like the GFS policy would do so automatically.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I've had this problem before, and I ended up deleting the rules and recreating them.
Our jobs run as follows, which made sense to delete and recreate only 1 rule:

Daily      - Monday --> Friday
Weekly  - Saturday
Monthly - Last Saturday of every month

My only rule was: If start times conflict, MONTHLY supercedes WEEKLY. I was able to do this due to the Weekly job running on a Saturday, and not being impacted by the Daily job.

You can also delete those rules, and recreate them manually like the GFS policy would do so automatically.

riva11
Level 6
I agree with Craig , I had a similar issue in the past and creating again template and policy I was able to run all jobs as expected.
Paolo