cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount error. it's only on one SQL server the others work fine

Gossett
Level 6

I get the mount error (it's attached) here on one of my SQL servers. The other one runs fine. They both save to the same location as well. This just started last nite. There is nothing I can find in my error logs yet as there isn't any information other than what the error shows. All volumes are healthy and mounted as well. i'm using BE2012 and B2D only.

this is all I have as of yet but i'm still looking as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

theOnkar
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

The error clearly states that media mount has failed due to the system shutdown in progess.

Seems the Backup Exec Job Engine Service lost connection with the Remote Agent for Windows Servers Service on the SQL Server.

Check the event viewer for any warnings or errors related to the shutdown.

Is this an ongoing issue with the backup or has it occurred only once ?

Check what is frequency of Windows Updates set to. And is it set to reboot the server after the updates are installed?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

theOnkar
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

The error clearly states that media mount has failed due to the system shutdown in progess.

Seems the Backup Exec Job Engine Service lost connection with the Remote Agent for Windows Servers Service on the SQL Server.

Check the event viewer for any warnings or errors related to the shutdown.

Is this an ongoing issue with the backup or has it occurred only once ?

Check what is frequency of Windows Updates set to. And is it set to reboot the server after the updates are installed?

Gossett
Level 6

Yeah I know about the system shutdown error but can't find anything in my event viewer not to mention the devices are actually online (and being written too) when I get this error.

The only thing that happened was a critical update which rebooted the server;that could have caused it.

It has only happend one time.

theOnkar
Level 4
Employee

The only thing that happened was a critical update which rebooted the server;that could have caused it.

It has only happend one time.

So i guess this is what must have caused the server to reboot.