cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount media

iskawtf
Level 3
Hi, I am a new user of BE 11d and I like how the things work for my backup but I got a little problem regarding the device.
I performed a backup for 2 weeks ( 4 days Incremental and 1 day full ) and those backups were successful, until I encountered these errors.

I performed an Incremental backup for monday, after 3 hours the backup status was still on "Queued" so I decided to cancel the job and check because there's something wrong with it. I checked the logs and I saw that it can't detect any media as the file destination. It asked for the media to be mounted, so I mounted it but it took 3 days but the job is still running. Heck, what is wrong with it?

By the way, I am only remoting the machine so I can perform a backup. I have no access on the physical media library and tapes, so it came to my mind that "someone" might took the tapes off from the drive that's why it can't see them?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
iskawt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Strange things happen when your job clashes with BE database maintenance.  Go to Tools --> Options --> Database Maintenance and check the time that BE does database maintenance.  Either change this time or the time that your job runs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1) You should check whether there is some outstanding alerts related to job that is running.

2) Check the Overwrite and Append Protection Periods of the media set to make sure that the tape that you have mounted is either overwriteable or appendable.

iskawtf
Level 3
I checked it already, the only that appears there is that "database is running application maintenance."

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Strange things happen when your job clashes with BE database maintenance.  Go to Tools --> Options --> Database Maintenance and check the time that BE does database maintenance.  Either change this time or the time that your job runs.

iskawtf
Level 3
ok, i did it sir pkh.

Can you please tell me the reason why is that when i perform a fullbackup, BE ask for the media to be mounted? The fact that i haven't do anything on tapes?  I only ran a backup then a day after that, BE cannot detect my tapes anymore.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE will prompt you for a new tape if the tape in the drive cannot be overwritten or appended to.  Check the Overwrite Protection Period and the Append Protection Period of the media set which the tape belongs to.

iskawtf
Level 3
okay, problem solved.

Thanks sir PKH.

More power to you sir.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Glad to help.  How about closing out this discussion by marking one of my answers as the solution.