cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse freezes when opening Backup Exec 15

AlexSen
Level 2

Good day,

I've just updated to Backup Exec 15 FP1 from Backup Exec 2012 and it went well... all in all...

The big problem I have now is that each time I startup BE or any utility from it, it just freezes the mouse. No errors are recorded in Windows EventLog...

I can move it around but cannot click on anything (right/left button).. basically, I'm moving around BE with my keyboard.....

Has anybody experiences this issue and if so, how did you fix it?  I really don't want to rebuild the server :)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AlexSen
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply... finally figured out what was the problem....

Before opening BE, I ran Process Explorer to see that was loaded and what would be loading when I launched BE.

Basically, when it was been launched, the process "WISPTIS.exe" was visible through ProcessXP., causing BE to not be able to interprete the mouse commands... by killing that process, I was able to regain full control of the mouse...

When seen that process, I found an article that applies a bit to my problem, in the sense that Framework 4.5 was installed on the server  https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/927119

To prevent the problem from happening again, I renamed the file to "WISPTIS.exe.old"  not the cleanest way of fixing the problem but it does the trick.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is BE installed on a VM ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...do you have enough memory/CPU on the server? Does it do this when you open any other application?

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked for stuck keys on your keyboard (something like the CTRL, ALT or Shift keys) or a stuck mouse button

Admittedly I am not sure why this would only show up in Backup Exec but I have seen similar odd things with stuck buttons/keys.

If you can try a different keyboard and mouse attached to the system as this would then confirm there is a fault on one of your input devices.

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

First of all try another mouse/keyboard.

Can you try repairing/reinstalling .NET Framework ?

AlexSen
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply... finally figured out what was the problem....

Before opening BE, I ran Process Explorer to see that was loaded and what would be loading when I launched BE.

Basically, when it was been launched, the process "WISPTIS.exe" was visible through ProcessXP., causing BE to not be able to interprete the mouse commands... by killing that process, I was able to regain full control of the mouse...

When seen that process, I found an article that applies a bit to my problem, in the sense that Framework 4.5 was installed on the server  https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/927119

To prevent the problem from happening again, I renamed the file to "WISPTIS.exe.old"  not the cleanest way of fixing the problem but it does the trick.