Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move backup exec 2015 to new server with different servername and different os

Matts_Sehlberg
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi

I need advice how to move backup exec 2015 FP3 from windows 2008R2 to new server with windows 2012R2 and with new servername. I have installed backup exec 2015 FP3 on the new server.

I have read this https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH129826 (How to migrate Backup Exec to another server with a different Windows OS version.)

and

I haver read this https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH67296 (How to migrate / move Backup Exec from one version to another on a different server with a differentserver name)

None of the articles match my case with different Windows OS verion and different servername.

Has anyone out there any solution how I should do?

Best Reagrds

Matts Sehlberg

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need to follow the procedure in the second document that you referenced. Due to the numerous documents, the products of each documents are often not updated

Matts_Sehlberg
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Tanks

I try the second document and get problem on step 5 and get this bold.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>osql -E -S .\BKUPEXEC
1> use bedb
2> Go
1> SELECT partitionname FROM datapartition
2> Go
 partitionname

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------
 OLDSERVERNAMNE

(1 row affected)
1> UPDATE DataPartition SET PartitionName=NEWSERVERNAME WHERE PartitionID =0
2> Go
Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Server NEWSERVERNAME\BKUPEXEC, Line 1
Invalid column name 'NEWSERVERNAME'.
1> SELECT partitionname FROM datapartition
2> Go
 partitionname

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------
 OLDSSERVERNAME

Do you have any suggestions on my problem ?

Regards

Matts

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Irrespective of the command you are running for the rename, I hope you have exported the DEK from the old server as you will need it on the new server.

BTW I think NEWSERVERNAME needs ot be surround by characters in the command