cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move catalogs to new server

TR-BE2014
Level 5

I'm replacing my Windows 2008 R2 server running BE 2014 with a new 2012 R2 server. I've installed BE 2014 and have run live update. After I attach the new server to the dedup device OST container and set up jobs from scratch ( not that many jobs), can I copy the catalogs to the new server and have them available after restarting services? In other words, the catalogs aren't explicitly tied to the media server, are they?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Check the TN below and see if this helps: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH129826

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to copy the entire contents of the catalogs directory over to the catalogs directory on the new server and restart all the BE services.

Thanks. That was my original plan, but the Veritas support tech suggested I run the Inventory and Catalog task instead. I did that starting on Friday. We have 9.9 TB on the device, so it's taking a while. I've checked several times, and I noticed that the Catalogs folder had 2214 files last night, but now it has only 2103 files. Any idea why the number would be going down or if this is an unusual amount of time? I got several errors soon after starting the task, but no new errors since then.

Thanks.

Just following up to say that the catalog task did finish and I was able to see old backups. Several backups have run with no problem, so all good now.

I still don't know why the tech suggested a fresh catalog instead of copying over old catalogs, so I expressed that to Veritas support.