cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement of Catalogs

Not applicable
Is it possible to configure veritas BE 9.1 to look at a different location for the backup catalogs? The drive that they are on is almost full, but I would like to keep them around.I've looked under Tools -> Options -> Settings -> Catalogs, but the widgets there are greyed out.I supposed I could just copy the files to another drive and copy them back when I need them, but I'd rather have the backup software really know where to look.Thanks,Josh
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
Hi Josh,Looks like you have a SAN setup.The possible reason that it(the catalog widget) is greyed out is that u aretryin to change on secondary server.You can only change on primary server.as for the catalog location on secondary server they are fixed and all catalogsare stored only on primary server and not on secondary.they get synchronised with primary.you could try renaming the catalogs folder on the primary server after stoppingall BE services.Restart all services.copy u01 files and then check..RobJosh Andrews wrote:>Is it possible to configure veritas BE 9.1 to look at a different >location for the backup catalogs? The drive that they are on is almost >full, but I would like to keep them around.>>I've looked under Tools -> Options -> Settings -> Catalogs, but the >widgets there are greyed out.>>I supposed I could just copy the files to another drive and copy them >back when I need them, but I'd rather have the backup software really >know where to look.>>Thanks,>>Josh

Not applicable
Thanks for the info, Rob.I actually am not running a SAN setup. I do have an externally attached SCSI tape library, but I'm not sharing it with anything (if that even means anything with SCSI anyway.)This is my primary backup server, as far as I know.I ended up going into the registry under HKLM\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Catalog Path and editing the value to point it to the new location that I had moved my catalogs to. I can still see all of the catalogs and search and stuff after restarting backup exec services, so things seem OK.Widgets still greyed out but who cares...Thanks,Joshrob wrote:> Hi Josh,> > Looks like you have a SAN setup.> > The possible reason that it(the catalog widget) is greyed out is that u are> tryin to change on secondary server.> You can only change on primary server.> as for the catalog location on secondary server they are fixed and all catalogs> are stored only on primary server and not on secondary.> they get synchronised with primary.> > you could try renaming the catalogs folder on the primary server after stopping> all BE services.Restart all services.copy u01 files and then check..> > Rob> > > Josh Andrews wrote:> >>Is it possible to configure veritas BE 9.1 to look at a different >>location for the backup catalogs? The drive that they are on is almost >>full, but I would like to keep them around.>>>>I've looked under Tools -> Options -> Settings -> Catalogs, but the >>widgets there are greyed out.>>>>I supposed I could just copy the files to another drive and copy them >>back when I need them, but I'd rather have the backup software really >>know where to look.>>>>Thanks,>>>>Josh> >