cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving B2D Files

Joji
Level 5

Can some one please advise what is the best practice to move my current B2D files to a newly created B2D folder? Or can I just change the path and point it to the new location?

Ver: 12.0 Rev 1364

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wmheid
Level 4

Also be careful running an inventory! 

I would simply change the job and point to the new location.  This will allow the old media to expire over a period of time.  After it is expired, erase it, then associate it with the retired media set and delete it.  This method has worked flawlessly for me for years.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Simply copy all the B2D files to the new folder and then run an inventory

Gurvinder

copy the .bkf files to the new B2D location and run an Inventory

Colin_Weaver

It is OK to move within the same media server as the others have already answered, be careful if moving to a different media server as if that media server has been active you may well have bkf and img naming conflicts that will cause issues.

Which is why we recommend only copying b2d data to unused media servers as part of a migration to new hardware or a DR.

Also make sure you take the bkf files and the IMG folders but not the two .cfg files.

wmheid
Level 4

Also be careful running an inventory! 

I would simply change the job and point to the new location.  This will allow the old media to expire over a period of time.  After it is expired, erase it, then associate it with the retired media set and delete it.  This method has worked flawlessly for me for years.

Joji
Level 5

Thank you all for the quick response! All of your answers are/were VERY helpful. yes