cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving BUE to new server as services crash on other

Ken_M
Level 3

Hi,

I had recently set up our backups on a server which now has the BUS 2012 services crashing and asking to be resterted. The services can only be restarted by restarting the server and then they only stay up for a short time- basically until I try to open the interface. To that end I am going to "try" to uninstall the BUE from that server. Before I do that I am in the process of creating a new server- with no other services running other than BUE 2012.

Yes, I have given up trying to solve the mystery of why the services keep crashing. At this point I HAVE to get backups running again. I don't think that the "old" server will ever access the BUE drives again as the services crash so often.

I have to be able to connnect to the dedupe drive that was set up on the other server. The drive is on a Drobo 800i and is now connected via the 2nd NIC to the new server.

How do I connect to the dedupe backup drive though my new server, remembering that the drive was created on the crashing server?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OP
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I don't know the drobo800i.

Do you use the dedup device from symantec or is all the dedup stufff handled bei the drobo-device?

If its the symantec dedup-device - during the configuration of the dedup you are aked if you want to create a new one or connec to an existing one - pretty easy.

Olaf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OP
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I don't know the drobo800i.

Do you use the dedup device from symantec or is all the dedup stufff handled bei the drobo-device?

If its the symantec dedup-device - during the configuration of the dedup you are aked if you want to create a new one or connec to an existing one - pretty easy.

Olaf

Ken_M
Level 3

Great!

Thanks