cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a physical server to a VM

shattuckk911
Level 3

We recently moved a physical server (all configs, files, apps, basically everything) to a vm to save space in our server rack.  We left everything alone with backup exec for the nightly backup, due to the fact the servername, ip address, and backup exec agent moved with the transfer.  Now everything for this specific server backed up correctly execpt the "Utility Partition".  Is this option available for physical servers, because i did a little reading that this was an option for manufacturer partitions on hard drives.  What are my options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're moving the physical server to a VM, you shouldn't need that utility partition anymore. Drivers etc. installed on that partition would be irrelevant on a VM.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're moving the physical server to a VM, you shouldn't need that utility partition anymore. Drivers etc. installed on that partition would be irrelevant on a VM.

Thanks!

shattuckk911
Level 3

Thanks,

After a little more research found that the utlity partition was used for manufacturer diags, drives, etc.  Just changed my selections since this isnt needed on a VM.