cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Office 365

JoshuaT
Level 3

Backup Exec 2010 R3.

We are moving our on-premises Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 and am curious how this might affect Backup Exec.  Of course BE will not be able to backup the mailboxes online but if I move the mailbox associated with the Backup Exec logon account to Exchange online will that cause any issues with the backup of the remaining on-premises mailboxes?

Unless I am mistaken Backup Exec requires its own Exchange mailbox in order to backup and restore other mailboxes using GRT.   But then again maybe I am mis-reading the artaicle.

source:  https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.v53933085_v113799574

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

W0VV
Level 3
Employee

Hi Joshua

The backups will not be affected but you will get into problems restoring to the remaining on-premises mailboxes. How ever you can create another account to run the restore on-premises. Hope this answer your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

W0VV
Level 3
Employee

Hi Joshua

The backups will not be affected but you will get into problems restoring to the remaining on-premises mailboxes. How ever you can create another account to run the restore on-premises. Hope this answer your question.

Could you link to some documenation that shows that I do not need a mailbox for backup purposes?