cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Forders in BEData Folder

Sparkum
Level 2

Hello everyone.

I'm just walking into Symantec as this is a new position for me and its kinda everywhere and out of control and I was hoping I could get a better handle on it.

Is it possible within the BEData folder to create a fodler for each server,

For example

BEData

Mailserver

Fileserver

DNS

etc

just trying to find an easier to way clean items up.

Much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This would be possible if you have a different volume for each folder. You would not be able to have multiple B2D storage locations on the same volume.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This would be possible if you have a different volume for each folder. You would not be able to have multiple B2D storage locations on the same volume.

Sparkum
Level 2

Thanks for the quick response Donald.

Is there anyway to differentiate which files are from which backups then?

Unless I'm wrong it looks like Symantec is ignoring the retention policy as it it suppose to be full backsups for 1 week and incremental for 2 weeks however I have tons of files back as far as when we went live in Febuary and its equalling 4TB and almost maxing out our 5TB drive.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm... DLM should be reclaiming the space as the retention periods expire. Note that DLM will not remove sets that have dependencies or sets that are the last for a resource ... Please review the following document on how DLM works.. V

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201826

Sparkum
Level 2

Thanks again Donald that was a helpfull post.

One last question if you wouldnt mind.

So I'm looking at the backups sets in my storage device, should I be seeing sets that have expired, is it just "letting me know" that they were there or should they be clearing after they expire?

I would assume if they shoudl be deleted I would be safe to go through and manually delete them, or is there anyway to enforce retention?

Sparkum
Level 2

Hey Donald.

I've got it under control now from what I can gather there was previous backups that the old data wasnt being purged,(were no longer scheduled events) and then the more current sets were purging acurately,

I'm just going through and deleted about 2T of old data and then everything else should run smoothly.

Thanks again for your help

Cheers.