cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Locations but slow links

HMorris
Level 2

I am using Backupexec 2014.   We have one media server but I am trying to understand how and if this will work.

We have a filer server running BE 2014 as the media server in location 1.   BE runs fine to the local storage.

In location #2  we have another file server and a local NAS.  The WAN link between the sites is sort of slow vs the amount of data.   Can I setup a backup to disk in location #2  that will backup to the NAS also in Location #2.   I want to do this without all the data going across the WAN link.   But of course I want the media server in location #1  to monitor it all.

I am guessing I need another media server although no budget.

Thank you,

HMorris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  This is not possible. The data will always flow from the resource to the media server, then to the target media.

I noticed that you tagged this discussion with Win 7.  Note that BE 2014 does not support Win 7 as a media server.

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The alternative as you rightly guessed is by setting up another media server at location # 2 and then using the Enterprise Server Option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  This is not possible. The data will always flow from the resource to the media server, then to the target media.

I noticed that you tagged this discussion with Win 7.  Note that BE 2014 does not support Win 7 as a media server.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The alternative as you rightly guessed is by setting up another media server at location # 2 and then using the Enterprise Server Option.

HMorris
Level 2

OK Thanks.

I am using Win Server 2012 as a media server.    Thanks to both.

HMorris