cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My server has been 15 days off and ...

idima
Level 4

My server has been 15 days off and the copies with the Symantec Backup Exec have not been performed. My surprise is that now I've turned on and the server is making copies of all the days he was off. Why make them if I have since made at 23:00? I thought that if it was off to "forget" them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE will not know that it has slept for 15 days.  It will run whatever jobs are scheduled and find that the time window has exceeded and then set its status to missed.  It will then schedule the next job accordingly and go through the process again until it catches up with the schedule.  What you can do to short-cut the process is to change hte Effective Date in the job properties to today.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE will not know that it has slept for 15 days.  It will run whatever jobs are scheduled and find that the time window has exceeded and then set its status to missed.  It will then schedule the next job accordingly and go through the process again until it catches up with the schedule.  What you can do to short-cut the process is to change hte Effective Date in the job properties to today.

idima
Level 4

Ok. Thank you very much for your reply.