cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS has new IP address and BE can't find it

ahazelwood
Level 4

I just changed the IP address for my NAS and now BE can't find it.  Where do I go to change the NAS' IP address in BE?  BE says the NAS is offline but it can't bring it back online.  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you have an entry for your NAS's previous IP address in your server's hosts file? Check there and see, and if yes, then change it to reflect the new IP address.

Also, make sure that the media server can do the usual network tests...ping; nslookup (name/IP address) to rule out a DNS error. DNS being something else you should check out...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you have an entry for your NAS's previous IP address in your server's hosts file? Check there and see, and if yes, then change it to reflect the new IP address.

Also, make sure that the media server can do the usual network tests...ping; nslookup (name/IP address) to rule out a DNS error. DNS being something else you should check out...

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How do you define the NAS to BE?  If you use its previous IP address, then you would have to delete the NAS and then re-define it to BE with the new IP address.

ahazelwood
Level 4

Yes, it was a DNS issue.  Thanks!