cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error notifications - backupexec event ID 1000

Hoops74
Level 2

Dear All,

When I click on the tools > recipient  an error appears in the event viewer (.net runtime 2.0 error - event ID 1000 - Faulting application beserver.exe, version. I want to add a new email address to the notifications. Its a windows 2003 standard SP2 server

Backup Exec then falls over the communications go off-line and the backup exec server services shuts-down.

I logged a call with Backup exec and they just said its a 3rd party issue (.Net) and not a lot they can really do

I may need to uninstall .net 2.0 and re-install from the BackupExec 2010 CD (as suggested from symantec). Has anyone seen this error and fixed this?

I have ran a repair in Backupexec and this did not fix it.

Let me know

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you tried to reinstall .Net? Often this is the way to fix issues related to it instead of repairing BE itself.

Thanks!

Hoops74
Level 2

I havent but I can, its the 2.0 .net I need to uninstall, and then re-istall/ I can re-install it from the Backup Exec CD and then let you know

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Hoops,

Also try to login into the server with different account and then try to perform the steps to add email address. This .Net issues are usually User specific as it may corrupt the .Net for that user profile.

Regards,

-Sush...