cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SDR if No Pagefile.sys

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I was thinking of gaining  a little more of space by not selecting thepagefile.sys of my servers backup. Each pagefile is something arround  to 32 gb plus 5 servers so you get the picture.

The issue is that whe i exclude the pagefile.sys i stop doing my SDR backups, and to solve this. I wanna continue doing SDR backups of my servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think you can safely include the pagefile.sys in your backup.  This file will automatically be excluded by AFE, i.e. it would not be backed up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think you can safely include the pagefile.sys in your backup.  This file will automatically be excluded by AFE, i.e. it would not be backed up.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Agree with pkh - the SDR Requirement is that the System Drive is fully selected. However AFE will exclude things like the pagefiel (and other components on the C: drive) as such implementing not selecting the page file will NOT gain you any storage space anyway as it is not in the backup anyway.

If you really want to save the space that items located on multiple servers might take up then look at Deduplication. (but not if using tape)

RobRodrigues
Level 4

After reading both posts i realized that my backups sets really don't include the pagefile.sys, but i get confused while deselecting it the sdr goes away.

So the sollution for me ins this case is only increasing the capacity of backup disks and nothing more.

Thanks for the help