cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advise on Backup Tapes growing too quick.

marvin1
Not applicable

We recently bought a RAID Drive to start backing up our files in it and at a later time back it up to tape.  We run Sunday at 2pm Full and let it run all the way till  the next Sunday morning for Incrementals.  We then start the tape backup process on Monday and usually it ends Wednesday (only have a 2 tape backup drives - no robotic library).

The backups are a success however, i started noticing that the tapes that I use started growing.  I used to backup to 4 tapes, now I end up with 7 to 8 tapes.

The setting to back up to disk file management has a max size of 4 GB. 

I already checked my data and the growth is steady and there are no spikes.  I am lost with this one and feel that I might be duplicating my backup.  Can you give advise where to start troubleshooting?  Also is there a way to automatically run the back up to tape after it finishes all the full cycle? (Full -> Incl Incrementals)

Hope you can help.

Thank you in Advance,

Marvin.

1 REPLY 1

Neil_Richings
Level 4

To dup job's go into job setup, new job to duplicate backup sets and then duplicate backup sets following a job, set the job to be your b2d, you can trace the job results to disk and to tape that way, have a look at the numbers and they'll match