cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a part number

MMcCarron
Level 2

I am a independent tech.  One of my clients is a small religious charity.  They are using BUE 18, but let there subscription lapse it Jun 2017 after 6 years of staying current.  Recently they got a email from Veritas about a sale for those who needed to upgrade to 20 and discovered that they had let it lapse.  They wanted to get current. .they checked out CDW and there were hundreds of BUE SKUs.  They contacted CDW customer support several times and got no reply and then they contacted Veritas and also got no reply.  They need to know the least expensive option to get current again.  Can anyone point me in the right direction so my client can get upgrades and support. again

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think we can assume that they have BE16 (not 18), right?

If you can tell me what licenses they currently have, I will be able to assist with SKUs for new licenses.

There are various way to license BE :
- Capacity (Bronze, Silver, Gold) with Subscription and Perpetual options. 
Here we need to know the amount of front-end TB that needs to be backed up. 
The BE Licensing Guide explains difference between various Capacity options.
- Agent-based - perpetual only, where the BE server and all agents and options need to be licensed separately.

Best will be to contact a local reseller.
They might be able to negotiate license renewal at reduced reinstatement fee. 

Yes!  You are right  its 16 not 18.  I can't read my own scribble.

As for there last license I got this from the entitlement Page:

BACKUP EXEC 16.0 BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DBS WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE
BACKUP EXEC 16.0 BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE

And this from the download page

29-JUN-16 A4500057072 IBPFM
ID : 7001138590
BACKUP EXEC BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DBS WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE 16.0 1 ACTIVE US000000118111 ESSENTIAL 29-JUN-17

29-JUN-16 A2009453100 IBPFM
ID : 7001138590
BACKUP EXEC BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE 16.0 1 ACTIVE US000000118111 ESSENTIAL 29-JUN-1

I tried to contact CDW and got no esponse though they have a couple hundred different BUE SKUs and I tried emailing and putting a case in at veritas but that didn't work either no response

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Herewith SKUs (I have selected 'Expired maintenance' because it's cheaper than regular, new license):

13112-M3801 BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DBS WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD LICENSE + ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE BUNDLE EXPIRED MAINT UPG INITIAL 12MO CORPORATE
13670-M3801 BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD LICENSE + ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE BUNDLE EXPIRED MAINT UPG INITIAL 12MO CORPORATE

Marrianne,

Thanks for the info. Over $1100 on CDW.  I think I know why a small religious charity convieniently forgot to renew.  Their not having any problems and 16  fulfills their needs, I wonder if the upgade is worth it for them.  They tried to get it from TechSoup, but Veritas like Symantec doesn't like the word religious.  I'll run this by them.  Thanks!  Maybe I'll look into other products that will work for them.  Their only backiing up their user files on the server and their donor databases.  BUE is probably overkill but they don''t have in-house knowledge and needed something that once set up was simple to run.