cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing Backup Exec V12 that was removed using add/remove but it did not remove.

Shutech
Level 2

I started managing a server that has an old copy of Backup Exec V12.0

I could never get console to work.

I did an uninstall by add/remove but it did nothing. Program is still there.

I know this is a probvlem. Several searches point to a KB article that is no longer there. The KB is to manually remove it.

I either need the instructions for a Manual remove of Backup exec 12.0 or is there a Cleanwipe for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would need to log a formal support case and let the support engineer remove the program for you.  The manual removal document was pulled so that users do not mess up their machines while removing the program.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would need to log a formal support case and let the support engineer remove the program for you.  The manual removal document was pulled so that users do not mess up their machines while removing the program.

Shutech
Level 2

Ok,

I am sure that charging me for removal of a program that was installed as a trial is against the law.

This is the response I got. THIS IS NOT SOLVED I have to pay to have your program uninstalled?

Thank you for contacting Symantec Enterprise Support Services.

In order to open a support case we need to verify that you have a current Support Agreement for your Symantec product. We show no record of current support contracts for your company.

If your company purchased a Symantec product with a Support Agreement, please provide as much of the following information as possible so we may locate the support record:

-Symantec sales order number

-Serial number

-Customer number

-Support Identifier

If your company has not purchased support with this product, please contact Symantec Sales.