cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with "Add OpenStorage"

Markus2791
Level 4

Hi all,

My media server is connected to the SAN, which is an EVA6100.

On the Backup Exec Console, I select "Add OpenStorage".  The general tab appears.

What is expected under the "Server" tab?  Is it supposed to be the EVA server?

Under "Server Type", I presume that this is supposed to be "HSV200", but I am not sure.  (I have tried "SAN" as well.)

Nothing ever appears under "Logical Storage Unit", even though the help page shows:

"Indicates the logical storage unit that you want to use. Backup Exec locates all of the logical storage units that are on the device and displays them in the list. You can select a logical storage unit from the list or type the name of one."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi,

HP EVA cannot be used with Backup Exec as Openstorage device.

On Backup Exec, Openstorage technology is used with supported deduplication devices/appliances like Symantec Puredisk, Exagrid, Greenbytes and so on.

Could you explain what you want to do with your EVA and Backup Exec, use EVA as "backup-to-disk/B2d device"?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi,

HP EVA cannot be used with Backup Exec as Openstorage device.

On Backup Exec, Openstorage technology is used with supported deduplication devices/appliances like Symantec Puredisk, Exagrid, Greenbytes and so on.

Could you explain what you want to do with your EVA and Backup Exec, use EVA as "backup-to-disk/B2d device"?

Markus2791
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.  I must have misunderstood the HCL.

Instead, I made a deduplication storage folder, and all appears to be working well.  For testing, I have backed up the same (24.4 GB) server 3 times in a row now, and the total used space is just over the original server size.

Thanks for your help.