cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need install for Backup Exec 2010 R2 (not r3..) - anyone hellllp

Slu
Level 2

Hi All

Have serials and licensing for backup exec 2010, i have just reinstalled one of my nas boxes which houses all our company data, the only agent which works on this is Ralus 2010 R2...

I have recently reinstalled my media server, and went to symantecs page - entered my license key and can redownload the installer... the problem is, the only available version is now R3.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to get R2?  If i install R2 and install to R3 once the agent is connected - it works fine, i just need to reinstall with R2 first : (

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Licenses for all the versions of BE 2010 work with each other...so BE 2010 R2's licenses work with BE 2010 R3 no problems.

If you still feel you need BE 2010 R2, then contact VJware and ask him for an FTP/web link.

Thanks!

Slu
Level 2

Hey, thanks - I was actually using BE2010 R3 for a long long while.. accidently our qnap NAS box got upgraded the firmware upgraded which killed the agent - I have been trying every possibility to get the agent running and connected back to BE again... going back ot R2 was one of the few things I figured might work (as the native package for the QNAP is the R2 agent).

The agent did run in R3, anyhow it doesnt matter now - did find a link but my issue still remains... still unable to get the QNAP/Linux box to show up under my list of servers and thats having downgraded the firmware on the nas and tried several versions of BE.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tried adding the NAS as a file server?