Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to backup two separate WSS 3.0 sites with BE2010 for small business

Alain_Zagury
Level 2
Partner
Hello,

I use Backup Exec 2010 (SBS version) to backup an SBS 2008 premium server and a separate SQL server with an WSS 3.0 site.

I would like to backup WSS installed on the SQL box, but it is not listed. In the "Server Farm" selection list, I can only see the WSS from SBS 2008 (companyweb), but not the other one.

Is it possible to backup two separate WSS sites with this version of Backup Exec? If yes, do I need to buy a separate Sharepoint agent ? If yes, should I install it on the media server or push it on the second server?

Many thanks in advance,
Alain
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The SBS license will backup only the WSS that is installed on that SBS server. If you want to backup the WSS 3.0 on the remote server(other then SBS server on which BE installed) then you have to purchase the license for the sharepoint and have to install the remote agent on that remote server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
The SBS license will backup only the WSS that is installed on that SBS server. If you want to backup the WSS 3.0 on the remote server(other then SBS server on which BE installed) then you have to purchase the license for the sharepoint and have to install the remote agent on that remote server.

Alain_Zagury
Level 2
Partner
Ok thanks!

sksujeet
Level 6
If it answered your query then please mark it as solution