cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to fetch retention period for all BEX servers

lovee
Level 5

Hello,

I need to get all retentions for all BEX servers. May I know if we have any report coming through DPA reporting tool on this or i have to login to each server and get this info. and if yes, what is the easiest way to do this?

thanks...

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure if this is reporteable - it's possible a BEMCLI scipt might be able to do it (but you would have to research this yourself or hope someone on this forums has already done something similar)

What you do need to be aware of however is retention is on a per job basis, not on a per server basis, and if you have different resources being backed up from the same servers but by different jobs then this could mean different retention times. Typically retention on different devices (fixed disk vs detachable disk vs dedup vs tape) would have different settings as well, especially if duplicate jobs are involved (i.e you might keep backups on disk data for 2 weeks knowing you duplicate it to tape to keep for 3 months etc)

So this means you have to have to look at the selections and the retention for both original and duplicate jobs within every job to get your answer and if you have multiple Backup Exec (media) Servers you would have to go to each console to check this if it can't be done with BEMCLI. Note a CAS/MBE setup might make things easier as you would only have to look at all the jobs on the CAS (although you would need to be sure that no locally created jobs run on the MBE servers)

You do not need to go to each and every remote server as the job configuration is held on the Backup Exec (media) servers