cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find registration information

mykul
Level 3

The company I work for recently aquired another company. The two servers at the site were handle by a contracted company which did not have any documentation on the backup server. The server is running Backup Exec 10d. I am trying to find out the support information for the server but since the contract company didn't have any of the registration information I am not sure how to go about finding this. All I have is the serial number for the product. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do in this situation?

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Bear in mind that v10d is end-of-life and only supports up to W2K3

You should probably plan an upgrade to 2010R3 (or whatever is current when you do get the upgrade approved)

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can get the serial numbers from the besernum file which I think for 10D would be in the C;\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT folder.

Keep this file and it cna be used with the import button on the licensing screen should you ever need to re-install.

teiva-boy
Level 6

Contact your local Symantec Account Manager or assigned Symantec rep.  They can pull up that info no problem from their CRM database.

You should dump 10d in favor of at least 12.5 or higher depending on technical requirements.