cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the command for getting details of a backup exec job including Job ID thru BEMCLI

premchand
Level 2
Certified

Hello All,

I am new to BE ( using Bacup Exec 16)

I would like to know what is the BEMCLI command for getting all the job / client details of a backup exec job including JOB ID / Backup sets etc.

I tried the command Get-BEJob, but it does NOT give all the information about a backup exex job ( i.e it does not give Job ID-GUID/Backup sets), It says only Backup Job name, type, task type, task name etc..... I would like to know how can I get the JOB ID ( GUID)/ Backup sets information thru command line as we have "backup id" like Clientname_XXXXXXX in netbackup.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Check below...you can find the documentation to assist with this: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100040872 Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont; think there is oen command to get all of that

for instance Get-BEJobHistory will retrieve some of the info you require but possibly not the stuff you ave already seen in Get-BEJob

Then there is potentially Get-BEBackupDefinition as well

There may be others (see the help file posted by CraigV) and you would probably have to write some kind of script to pull it all together.

premchand
Level 2
Certified

Hello Craig,

Thanks for your document.  Do we have any unique ID in backup exec as we have unique backupID as "Netbackupclientname_XXXXXXX" in netbackup?