cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove old server from backup list.

DMI16696
Level 4

I thought I had removed a server from my list. It no longer exists in our network.

For some reason after I deleted it it reappeared.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If there are backup sets referring to these servers then they would appear in the BE console.  Once there is no further reference to these servers, then they would be automatically deleted from the BE console.

You might want to upgrade to BE 15 which you can place these kind of servers in the Retired Servers list and they would not be shown in the main console page.  The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

In the Backup Exec Console make sure there are no jobs or media sets still associated with the server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If there are backup sets referring to these servers then they would appear in the BE console.  Once there is no further reference to these servers, then they would be automatically deleted from the BE console.

You might want to upgrade to BE 15 which you can place these kind of servers in the Retired Servers list and they would not be shown in the main console page.  The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

"Retired Servers" group exists in BE 2014 as well.

DMI16696
Level 4

The jobs tab says "No jobs exist." But still I can't delete it. Not sure about the media sets.

DMI16696
Level 4

OK, does "Backup Sets" also refer to media sets? In that case yes, I still have some sets I need to delete/remove.

DMI16696
Level 4

OK, that was it. The old server is gone now. Do hate the way it says "Removing servers....", when I'm only removing one at a time.

Thanks for all your help.