cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BE2010 install -- Can't browse servers to add to selection list, no servers in list under domain

Gai-jin
Level 3
With the new version of BE, we are taking the opportunity to build a new backup server.  I've installed BE2010 on the new server, but ran into trouble when I began trying to build a selection list.  Browsing for what to include, there are no servers listed.  I went under domains, and added our domain & the required credentials, but now it just shows our domain, with nothing under it.

What am i doing wrong that keeps BE from seeing any of the computers on our network?
5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6

I believe that you have installed the remote agents on rempote server...

Please check if all the BE services are running...Make sure that Remote Agent Service and the SQL service are running on Local system Account and all the other services are running under Domain Account...

Gai-jin
Level 3
As I recall, in our BE12 install the agent doesn't have to be installed before the media server can see the other server.  I could be wrong, but I thought you could go in and browse to the server and add it to the selection list even before the remote agent is installed, you just didn't get as many detailed options until the agent was installed.  Am I wrong?

Either way, I did install the remote agent on one server yesterday, in case that might be the issue.  Even after the install, that server still doesn't show up from the media server.

As for services on the media server, I see SQL server (BKUPEXEC) running, as well as SQL server browser and SQL Server VSS writer.  SQL Server Active Directory Helper is disabled. 

All of the "Backup Exec. . . " services are running, including Agent browser, device & media server, error recording server, job engine, remote agent, and backup exec server. 

Dev_T
Level 6
I believe all the BE services are running...

Try to add the remote servers in "User Defined Selections" using IP address....

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Either way, I did install the remote agent on one server yesterday,

Forgive a silly question, but did you just intall the RAWS code on the remote machine(s) or did you add the RAWS serial(s) to the media server?

Gai-jin
Level 3
I pushed the agent to the remote server from within BE on the media server