cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Exchange mailbox backup in 11d - not all mailboxes can be restored

Network_Admi16
Level 2
I have 11D and use the new "Enable Restore of Individual Mailboxes and folders from the info Store" feature. What I have found is that only about half of my 140 mailboxes are available for restore. I checked the System Manager and only those mailboxes that have been logged into by the Veritas user are the ones availaable for restore. i cannot find a difference between the mailboxes/users that are avaiable for restore and that are not available. No errors show up anywhere I can find.

What's the deal?
7 REPLIES 7

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hello,

This issue of GRT features and exchange backup is under research for the moment.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but request you to take the backups by enabling legacy mailbox support.

Regards
Padmaja

D_Simmons
Level 3
Using ADSIEdit to check the following attributes, legacyExchangeDN, mailNickname, and mail, you will see that the value is the same for the mailboxes that are recoverable. The accounts that I have changed to match this pattern are now appearing as recoverable.

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Mr, Simmons, your information has been helpful. Thanks. But out of curriousity, have you been able to successfully restore messages using your GRT backups? I've found that messages that contain rich-text or HTML content cannot be restored completely. The restore will complete with the typical "successful" statement in BE, but when you open the restored messages, they'll always be blank. Also, attachments of any size cannot be restored. When you attempt to open the attachment, you'll get an invalid/corrupt file warning. The sizes do appear to be correct, however.

And so that I'm complete in my statements, my BE 11d istall is fully updated and I'm using a full domain admin account that has full Exchange 2003 IS rights.

Thanks.

Ken

D_Simmons
Level 3
Ken,
I have not successfully restored messages from the GRT backup as of yet. My testing continues.
ds

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

This issue of GRT features and exchange backup is under research for the moment.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but request you to take the backups by enabling legacy mailbox support.

Thank You,

Shweta

Network_Admi16
Level 2
Can I use the Backup to disk ? I read somewhere in the forum that the GRT is working with Backup-to-disk.

sly_upah
Level 4
if you read that somewhere, post it on here. i have been trying to get GRT to work from backup to disk for over a month now.