cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Policy / New template problem

wingnut144
Level 4

I am trying to create a export template that will move the tapes when the job is done.  I am trying to create a new template, but when I start the process the only option I have is to create a backup template, all the other options are greyed out.  So I am unable to select the export media template.

What am I missing here?

Also, if I set this up, will this just move 1 tape when the job finishes, or will it move ALL the tapes???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Before you add an export template, you need to add at least one backup template.  Once the backup template is added, the next time you add a template, the export template will not be greyed out and you can add it.

When you use an export template, it will create an export job which will export all the tapes used in the backup job that it link it to.  If there are more tapes exported than there are mailslots, then when the mailslots are full, there will be an alert asking you to remove the tapes and the export will wait until you remove the tapes.  After the tapes are removed, the job will continue to export the rest of the tapes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Before you add an export template, you need to add at least one backup template.  Once the backup template is added, the next time you add a template, the export template will not be greyed out and you can add it.

When you use an export template, it will create an export job which will export all the tapes used in the backup job that it link it to.  If there are more tapes exported than there are mailslots, then when the mailslots are full, there will be an alert asking you to remove the tapes and the export will wait until you remove the tapes.  After the tapes are removed, the job will continue to export the rest of the tapes.