cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New error prevents tape backup

Carey_B
Level 2
"The job could not run within the time period that is specified in the job's schedule time window. The time window does not allow the job to start later than 9:59:59 p.m. To change the time window, edit the schedule details for the job."

This is the email message sent to me, letting me know that our backup system is nonfunctional.

When I start up backupexec to fix the problem, I see this:
"Unable to read from or write to the database."
Filling in the correct information and testing multiple possibilities to see what's wrong, I eventually have to hit cancel, at which point the program says "You have not connected to a media server. Would you like to exit the application?" The answer to that question is of course not, but I have no choice, it's not working.

These errors cropped up after a recent batch of updates, so if it helps, I can go and see what those recent updates were in case that is the culprit.
I honestly have no idea what information would be needed in order for anyone to help me fix this but the system needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

I attempted to find information on how to submit a support ticket in to symantec but there appears to be no way to access technical support. I apologize if this question is in the wrong forum or if this isn't supposed to be the first place to go for help.
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Carey,

Go into BEutility.exe and run the DB Repair tool. For good measure, you can also repair the DB indexes.
Try that, and then try your backups again...

Laters!

Carey_B
Level 2
The repair tool said it worked, but didn't do anything. attempting to rebuild the list of indices failed. then the repair tool started failing.

My coworker handed me a paper with more information earlier.
--------------
Event type: Information
Event Source: backup exec
Event category: (65535)
Event ID: 57345
date: 3/9/2010
Time: 7:29:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: [withheld]
Description:
Database exception Context: Ownership query error:4313:unable to read from or write to the database.
 :: -2147467259:SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0x45565245; actual: 0x91c5d1a7). It occurred during a read of page (1:2016) in database ID 5 at offset 0x00000000fc0000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_Dat.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server books online. :: DB Error set 0: native=0x338 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80004005 SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O Error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0x45565245; actual: 0x91c5d1a7). It occurred during a read of page (1:2016) in Exec\Data\BEDB_Dat.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/Eventlookup.jhtml

Page 1
-----------------

If this gives anyone any helpful information that's wonderful. Also, if you know what DBCC CHECKDB is or how to use it let me know. I'm hesitant to just start running more programs, it looks like that db repair tool may have messed up a few things on its own.

CraigV
Hi there,
Wh
at updates were these? BEWS? Did you push these updates out to any remote servers via a push install?

CraigV
Hi Casey,

What happened here? Have you come right?