cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nirvanix Closing!

chris32lr
Level 2

I just got a call from Nirvanix. They are closing up shop for financial reasons. This mean everyone using this plugin will be unable to write to the cloud beginning TOMORROW, and all data needs to be gone by the 30th. What does everyone who currently uses Nirvanix as their cloud backup solution in Backup Exec plan on using instead?

9 REPLIES 9

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Wow, 

Chris i ran this by our engineering dept and as you would expect got alot of wide eyed expression as none of them had heard that Nirvanix was shutting down. I dont have an immediate answer for you but know that i am looking in to providing you with a more substantial response ASAP

teiva-boy
Level 6

Yup I heard it too.

http://www.crn.com/news/cloud/240161410/cloud-storage-startup-nirvanix-tells-customers-partners-its-...

There goes the cloud backup in BE and NBU...  

chris32lr
Level 2

Ontop of the news, I had just purchased a 3-year license because of the ability that Nirvanix gave me. Now what? I understand Symantec is looking into this, but when being able to write to Nirvanix ends tomorrow, I hope they have their top echelons on it.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I have seen a number of articles as well. I am still looking to find what the solution is in the long term but in the interim i might suggest using an external hard disk location as the storage location.. This can at least for the time being be written to, stored offsite and returned for DR. 

Amy_Dugdale
Level 3
Employee

@chris32lr Please private message me your contact information so I can work directly with you on a possible solution.

FMrealty
Not applicable
We have been pushing our vaulted mail to nirvanix. How do we get it back so that all the stubs will reference a local copy? I still want to push it to the cloud. Can I some how move it to Symantec's cloud store. Any advice from Symantec would be much appreciated.

Amy_Dugdale
Level 3
Employee

@FMrealty I'm working to track down an answer for you. If you want to private message me your contact details, we can communicate directly via email.

chris32lr
Level 2

Anyone have anything to report yet?

harpinteractive
Not applicable

Symantec Support,

We are in the same boat. Symantec touted Nirvanix as the solution to backup to the cloud using Backup Exec and the Nirvanix plugin.

Is there a similar company available? We need a solution ASAP!