cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Details for error message: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to Backup Exec for Windows

formermaritimer
Level 3

Hi community members,

Im running Symantec Backup Exec 11d and I get the following error when trying to run a job that backes up BackupExec information:

The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to Backup Exec for Windows

The problem is that error log doesnt tell me what machine it is failing on.  Is there any way to find this out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the Backup Exec Remote Agent running on that Server? Look in the Event viewer for any Event ID 1000. Also, if the Agent is not running, is there any other application using port 10000

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the Backup Exec Remote Agent running on that Server? Look in the Event viewer for any Event ID 1000. Also, if the Agent is not running, is there any other application using port 10000

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please verify that the remote agent for windows is started/running on the exchange server that you are trying to backup 

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Check the restore selections , it will tell you what all servers were backed up.

formermaritimer
Level 3

Actually, the agent was stopped :( so I restarted it and im running the job again so we will see what happens.

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I would suggest you to keep the 11d and the remote agent on exchange updated .

Check the 11d section on

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66724

formermaritimer
Level 3

Exchange wasnt an issue here.  It was the remote agent on the actual backup server itself that was stopped for some unknown reason, so I restarted it, rerun the job and it was fine.  The only thing it seemed to affect was the job that collects information for BackupExec, but not the normal backup jobs.

Thanks for your help folks.