cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Exchange Access

clum1
Level 4
I have installed a trial version of BE2010 (whilst I wait for my new license keys to come through for an upgrade) and am not getting full access to the Exchange Information Store on the remote server. I can see it (see below), but can't see storage groups etc.

Backups fail with the error e0000380 which suggests that my BE admin account doesn't have local admin access to the Exchange server but I have added it in via the Local Admin groups and the RBAC User Editor. What am I missing?

Calum

19 REPLIES 19

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What is the version of the remote agent on the Exchange server?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288777.htm <-- if you haven't seen the configuration requirements already...

clum1
Level 4

pkh, it's 13.0 Rev 2896.0 for the Remote Agent and Remote Agent Utility; I've deinstalled 12.5 and installed 2010; had previously purhchased 12.5 to find it won't work with Exchange 2010...

clum1
Level 4

Can anyone help? I've installed the BE trial software fresh on a new server and it is also unable to view the Info Store; I guess this means it is a problem with permissions for Exhange but as far as I can tell, I've followed the configuration rrequirements fully.
Calum

CraigV
So...

1. Your service account should be a member of the Domain Admins group, and Exchange Admins for good measure. This allows for permissions in Active Directory...

2. In Exchange, delegate authority to the service account you will use so that it has rights to Exchange.

3. Make that service account an administrator locally on your backup server, and the Exchange server.

4. Update Backup Exec COMPLETELY with all available updates. Once done, do a push install of the RAWS agent again, and then check to see if you can see Exchange.

clum1
Level 4
Thanks for getting back to me Craig, I have the following:
1. Service account is a member of Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins and Organization Management and Server Management on my Exchange server.
2. Is this what I did through RBAC? If not, I'm not sure how to do this.
3. The backup server is a DC so won't allow use of Local Users and Groups; the service account has admin access to the Exchange server.
4. The Live Update server reports it's up to date; have pushed out the latest copy of the RAWS agent.

Still not happening for me I'm afraid...

CraigV
RBAC?

clum1
Level 4

Role Based Access Control User Editor; a browser based tool for editing user roles/ permissions in Exchange 2010. I used it to add my service account to Organization Management and Server Management.

CraigV
OK...not really up-to-speed yet with Exchange 2010...that comes in a few months.
Does it not have the option like in previous versions where you can right-click your organization in Exchange Administrator and then assign permissions there?

clum1
Level 4

No, that appears to be the way things are done in 2010.

clum1
Level 4

CraigV
I will escalate it for you...

clum1
Level 4

Thanks Craig; appreciated.

clum1
Level 4

Hi Craig,
Have you heard anything back on this?
thanks
Calum

CraigV
It would be escalated to support...they would be in contact with you.

clum1
Level 4

Ok; I haven't heard anything - will they definitely contact me, even though I don't have a support contract?

Calum

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

well 13 weeks late, but just curious if you were ever able to get this resolved?

CraigV
Hi Ben,

Doesn't appear to have been resolved. I am not sure how many of our flagged entries are actually picked up, as the user concerned hardly ever responds to their particular request.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Craig,

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if Calum responds again.