cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Option for Incremental Backup Job

Dread73
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Just installed Backup Exec 21 onto my Backup server and looking to configure it as  a replacement to my old version of ShadowProtect thats been working fine up till now (I depsise their newer version with crappy Linux based management device you need to install and wont upgrade to it). But I've just pushed the BE agent out to one of my servers and went to configure the backup job - and the option for 'Create a Forever Incremental' is greyed out. Am I missing something here to create an Incremental Backup job?

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RogRubin
Employee

Hi

The Forever Incremental option is as the complete name indicates for virtual machines only.

To create a backup strategy of a "normal" server backup, you create a backup job to a target device and then add / configure different stages as per your requirements. 

View solution in original post

AmitNazare
Employee

Forever Incremental backup option is only applicable for VMware and HyperV virtual machine backups. If you are looking for similar method for backing up File\Folder data then you can use Synthetic backups.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/59226269-99535599-0/v53928715-99535599

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogRubin
Employee

Hi

The Forever Incremental option is as the complete name indicates for virtual machines only.

To create a backup strategy of a "normal" server backup, you create a backup job to a target device and then add / configure different stages as per your requirements. 

AmitNazare
Employee

Forever Incremental backup option is only applicable for VMware and HyperV virtual machine backups. If you are looking for similar method for backing up File\Folder data then you can use Synthetic backups.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/59226269-99535599-0/v53928715-99535599