cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No appendable media could be mounted

Kevan
Level 2
I have a major job that will not run...I have 3 total jobs, first overwrites the tape, second and third Append and Terminate if no appendable media...

The third job gives me this error

Job ended: Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 10:51:16 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

There is alot of room left on the tape and I don't want to set the job to overwite either my 1st or 2nd jobs...What is wrong?

The tape (Media) is set with no limitations on overwriting or appending. All documentation I read said to have it overwrite though that defeats my previous jobs.
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What kind of tape device do you have?
What kind of media are you using?
How much data has been written when the Alert is displayed?
Does the third job start at all, or does it start, but eject during the job?

Have you double checked that the last job specifies the same media set as the other two?

As for "no limitations on overwriting or appending" I'd try setting APP explicitly to two days, just for grins, and would set the OPP to one day less than the cycle time for these tapes. ie: if you reuse the tapes every two weeks, I'd set the APP to 13 days.

Kevan
Level 2
I use a DLT 7000 device with DLT IV tapes.
The tape has Used space 11.7 GB, Avail: 21.3 GB, Total: 33GB
The 3rd job would not start so there were 0 Bytes written when it stopped
The tape did not eject after the job.

The job was pointing to the correct Media Set and Device.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmmm

Total byte counts look good.

What is the APP for this media set? Did the third job try to start before or after midnight? No, looking at the job log, it ends at 10:51 PM.

If the media sets are all the same, and the first job does indeed overwrite, I've got no idea why BackupExec isn't finding Appendable media

Graeme_Jones
Level 2
I just ran into this problem.

I have daily jobs that basically do the same function as you-overwrite then append. For some jobs it works fine and for others it gives me the "No appendable media...." error. I have a overwrite period of 1 wk and append infinite on the media set containing the tapes. I've recreated the jobs in question - Nothing. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the tapes. Let me know if you have any luck resolving this one....

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Dennis,
We apologise on the late Response.
Could you Update us on the latest status of the Issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Thanks.