cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No event logs generated.

Brett_Walters
Level 3
Existing 10.d server that has been happily running backups for months now...and now it suddenly does not log Success jobs in the Event Viewer on a Windows 2003 server any more. The Application event log is not full, and it is receiving events from other items on the server, but BackupExec no longer reports the successful job it runs each night. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Verify that you have configured the following option for the alert "Job Success".

Go to Tools > Configure Alert Categories. > In the left hand pane, select "Job Failed" under Alert categories. >. Select the option "Record event in the Windows event log"

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Brett_Walters
Level 3
This is not set for any other server with Veritas BackupExec that we run or have access to. I did check that...all of these servers do not have the Job Success checked to write to the Event log, yet they still do. Job Complete, Job Complete with Exceptions, Job Failed...etc.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Check whether there are filters set on the Event log itself?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Brett_Walters
Level 3
Already checked that, but thanks anyway. I am marking this question answered as it is obvious I am not going to get an answer.