cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No files being backed up in Backup Exec 10d or 11

paul_st
Level 3
 Our backups have been working ok for ages.  Then we discover that our main data folder was not being backed up.  After checking and trying a number of different things, it would seem that the backup runs ok and completes with no errors but it just does not backup any files.  If I create a new file or folder in that data folder, it doesn't get backed up.  If I move a folder into the root of the drive, it does get backed up ok.  I figured it was a problem with that particular server but here is the weird bit.  We use DFS replication to copy the files to another server.  On the other server we have Backup Exec 11.  Seems no the same problem is happening on this server.  Exactly the same problem.  No files being backed up and no error messages.

Any idea on what might be happening.  I've tried it with tape and disk to disk and it has the same problem.

Thanks

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 If I remember correctly the only way to backup DFS files is through the system state in 11d. The problem with that is you will not be able to run a redirected restore.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Brian_h1
Level 4
 Hi, 
something weird is going on here... I have a couple of installations of veritas 10.0 rev 5484 on two servers - each has a couple of remote agents they backup for other servers.  All of a sudden back on 5/22 one of my installs can not backup anything on one of the remote servers. I get the "The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed".  I see another thread from someone with what sounds like the same problem and it just started to around the same time.  Wonder if an MS updated is causing problems or something. - My setup is a Win 2003 server w/ Exchange 03, can backup all exchange data but when it hits the remote agent on a SQL server (only looking to backup a single sql bak file - it fails. Cant get it to backup anything on this remote agent server.

Brian

Marksw
Level 5
 If I remember correctly the only way to backup DFS files is through the system state in 11d. The problem with that is you will not be able to run a redirected restore.

Mark

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

In Backup Exec DFS is listed under Shadow Copy Components. We wont be able to redirect restore DFS data as it uses Volume Shadow Sercice (VSS) for backups.

This KB will be helpful.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/296168

Hope this helps ...