cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No media after Windows Server Update

Nick-R
Level 3

Yesterday, I updated our backup server, and after I restarted it, two of our RDX drives either can't see the B2D cartrdiges and immediately go offline. One drive in the Capacity shows 0 bytes used where the seond RDX drive shows 2.73 TB and the graph for storage capacity. Everytime I try and inventory after putting them online, they fail with: The job failed with the following error: Library Error - Invalid Element Address and then offline again.  I am also getting:

Changer: CreatePath() CreateDirectory1 Failed (\\?). Error=123

The disk is offline: This is typically caused by the folder becoming inaccessible due to it being deleted, renamed, or unshared. It may also be caused by a disk full condition.

None of these cartridges are full, and they were working yesterday before I updated and restarted the server. If anyone has any idea's, I would appreciate it greatly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

what is the BE version ? Please make sure to also check compatibility
can you disable->delete the RDX device -> restart BE services and reconfigure it. Then Inventory the cartridge and test the backup.  Error=123 means "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." hence reconfigure and test.
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/59226269-99535599-0/v59493807-99535599 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

what is the BE version ? Please make sure to also check compatibility
can you disable->delete the RDX device -> restart BE services and reconfigure it. Then Inventory the cartridge and test the backup.  Error=123 means "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." hence reconfigure and test.
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/59226269-99535599-0/v59493807-99535599 

I had to recreate the drives. They are up and running again. Thanks for the response.