cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No resources to browse/select

timhenn
Level 3
I have a brand new install of Symantec Backup Exec for SBS 2008.  I want to do backups during critical migration steps in the install process.  The installation is done but when I go to create a backup job there's nothing to select.  The dialog shows a grayed out check box next to "resources" which it says is not selectable for backup just for browsing.  There are no computers, disks, files or anything else.

What's wrong?  Is this because SBS is not completely installed?

Thanks for the help,
Tim
7 REPLIES 7

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I believe that you have installed Backup Exec 12.5.

Go to Job Setup. Last Row is for Selection list, Right click on the Empty area-->New-->Selection list...
Is everything grayed out here as well?

timhenn
Level 3
I believe it is.

In the bottom white area under Job Setup entitled "Backup Selection Lists - 0 Items", I can right click and select "New Backup Selection List".  This opens a dialog.  With the item "Selections" highlighted on the left, the panels on the right show "All Resources" under the panel "View by Resource"

I can't browse or see any way to generated local disk drives or select computers for backup.

Tim

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Which acount are you using for Backup Exec? Is it a Domain Admin Account.

1  : Go to TOOLS-->Backup Exec Services and check the Backup Exec Service Account, Is this account a Domain Admin & if Backup Exec is not a DC is it a Local Admin Account well?
2  : Open the Services MMC, right click on any backup Exec Service and check the Log On TAB.

timhenn
Level 3
Ok.
Toos, backup exec services -- when I click on the "Service Credentials" button nothing is set.

services.msc, all backup exec services are configured to use the administrator2 account which is an administrative account accept for two.  The remote agent and the DLO Maintenance service are configured to use local system.

So, the account I'm navigating the GUI with is the same account used to configure the services and it is domain admin account.

Tim

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Add the Administrator Account in the Backup Exec consiole.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254246

Go to tools-->Backup Exec Services-->Add...and Add the Administrator account and make it as Default...restart all the services...

timhenn
Level 3
Yes, that fixed it!  Thanks so much for the help.

Dev_T
Level 6
Please mark it as a solution