cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add File Server

gabriel_abib
Level 3

Hello all,

I'm using Backup Exec 15 and I'm trying to add a File Server to be able to backup some information we have and I went through this step by step https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH189560, logged with the correct username and pass and I get access denied

Please any idea of what might happen? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If this is a Windows server, then the best bet is to purchase the RAWS agent (Remote Agent for Windows Servers - if you don't already have this), load it onto the server and then run it. other things to look for are an antivirus blocking beremote.exe from running, or a firewall that doesn't have port 10000 open. If this is a NAS, they can also have an AV/firewall installed and look at those as well. But as I said, if this is Windows-based, load the agent and use that. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If this is a Windows server, then the best bet is to purchase the RAWS agent (Remote Agent for Windows Servers - if you don't already have this), load it onto the server and then run it. other things to look for are an antivirus blocking beremote.exe from running, or a firewall that doesn't have port 10000 open. If this is a NAS, they can also have an AV/firewall installed and look at those as well. But as I said, if this is Windows-based, load the agent and use that. Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) make sure the BE credential had full read/write access to the entire volume.

2) make sure that the device is properly registered in the DNS server and had a return path

3) make sure have installed an AWS license on the media server

W0VV
Level 3
Employee

Hello

Make sure the user which you are tying to use to add the server is added on the "Log on as a batch job properties" Policy.