Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novell SMS errors

Belynda_Poupard
Level 3
Veritas 10 rev 5520 (Windows 2003)
Remote Agent RANW 11.584 & 11.585

Backup- Server1.NetWare File System/Server1/Server Specific Info: Novell SMS errors were encountered.
Begin Novell SMS errors:
Thu Mar 16 09:15:04 2006
File open failed for sys:/system/ssiback.bak in Server Specific Info
object, error 156. It will not be backed up.

Thu Mar 16 09:15:12 2006
File open failed for sys:/system/ssiback.bak in Server Specific Info
object, error 156. It will not be backed up.

End Novell SMS errors

Any chance anyone else has gotten this error? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
Hi Belynda,

This looks like a Novell issue, please refer to the following TID:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10091322.htm

Chris

Belynda_Poupard
Level 3
Thank you!

What does this mean to you? -> SSIBACK.BAK contains server-specific information needed for Novell's disaster recovery solution (called SBCON) and a variety of other solutions (not all). Some backup solutions should be able to make a full backups and restores WITHOUT this file. If you are only using Novell's solution for backing up your server then you will need this file to be backed up. Consult the backup solutions documentation to see if this file is necessary.

What it means to me is that this is only needed for Novell's native product, but possibly not Veritas. So, what I would need to know is if Veritas needs this for disaster recovery also, correct? Do you know if that is the case?

criley
Employee Accredited
I'm not sure to be honest.

I suspect that you may be able to resolve this problem by installing TSA5UP18 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971717.htm). What versions of TSAFS/TSA600 & TSANDS are you currently using? Use the following command at the server console to check the dates:

MODULES TSA*

Belynda_Poupard
Level 3
I copied over the tsa files from my Netware server that is working properly and all is well. Thanks Chris.