cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutanix Hyper-V Environment

AndrewU
Level 2

Hi,

We are deploying multiple (6) Nutanix Hyper-V 2012 R2 clusters with 3-5 nodes to replaced aging ESX server/san infrastructure.

As part of the deployment we have installed a new dedicated physical backup server (24core,128ram,60TB) to provide the data protection for each Nutanix cluster (so 6 BE servers). These are loaded with BE 2015  FP3, using 60TB as a dedup target.

The Nutanix cluster with Hyper-V uses a SMB3 CSV. There is no other option for us to use other than SMB3. At this point in time there is no support for SMB3 with BE15.

At this time we are using agent based backups, but would rather be using hosted based at the Hyper-V layer.

Can anyone from Veritas let me know if Hyper-V CSV SMB3 is on the roadmap for BE, if so what is the rough time frame?

Thanks

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

dbrown18
Level 2

We also delployed Nutanix Hyper-V 2012 R2 clusters to replaced our aging EMC san infrastructure and would like to know the answer to the below question.

Can anyone from Veritas let me know if Hyper-V CSV SMB3 is on the roadmap for BE, if so what is the rough time frame?

Thanks

Doug

AndrewU
Level 2

Four Months later....

Any update Veritas???

Do I need to start advising my customers to move away from BE???

This is now in the backlog

HI

I am also facing same issue with Nutanix SMB3 +hyper-vCluster.We are trying backup VM level backup,but its not possible

We are using BE 16 FP2+hotfix

Veeam backup Solution is support this now,Wat about BE?