cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG, the problems never end. Now 1st storage group DB cannot be accessed?!

LancasterIT
Level 2
So after two weeks of messing with BE 11d (w/exchange option) just to get it working right (and, having dodgy or incomplete backups during the whole process), it FINALLY ran for one or two days as expected without any problems.

Until now: my incremental job just failed:

FINAL ERROR:    0XE00084AF - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
\ MS Info store \ First Storage Group
Database was not found, or could not be accessed.

In Restore, sure enough the First Storage group is X'd out - nothing available to restore. Gee, I'll sleep better tonight knowing the loving care Symantec put into this product to make my life as an IT administrator better.

Anyway, the first storage group is one of four total. The other three backed up (inc) without issue. Obviously the first storage group is up and running just fine in Exchange, or a whole bunch of users would be seriously upset with me. This first storage group is the same storage group that just a few days ago, BE did a successful full backup on.

Please don't tell me to update to this or that stupid hotfix, because I've done all that. Oh how I wish I would have come to these forums before buying. BE 11d has been an unmitigated disaster. It reminds me of riding snowmobiles when I was a kid. They'd break all the time. For every hour you spent riding, you'd spent a day fixing things and before you knew it, winter was over.
0 REPLIES 0