cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OU Restotre fails

oops_c2003
Level 4

HI Everyone,

Trying to restore a OU from backup , unable to restore it it fails stating the member group has to be failed with i need to restore it as a different job done it and successful hoiwever comes with exception and got to do a  password reset i cant do this all 50 OU'S

Product : Backupexec 2012

Any help much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not aware of any workaround.  I guess you would have to reset the password.  If you have to restore that much ids, you might want to consider restoring the entire AD.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6
Hi oops_c2003, what is the exact error message and error code? what type of backup are you trying to restore (Active Directory? Exchange, SQL, flat files)? Are they from tape or disc?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have not done a OU restore, but when I restore a deleted id from AD, the id needs to reset its password.

oops_c2003
Level 4

It is a Simple AD restore , but the problem is more than 100 OU's Is there any other Workaround or solution or should i restore all and reset the password 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not aware of any workaround.  I guess you would have to reset the password.  If you have to restore that much ids, you might want to consider restoring the entire AD.