cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online media doesn't refresh by itself

LouisT_2
Level 3

When I change the tape it doesn't show me the name of the tape I inserted.  Still show me the one it was before, so when the backup execute if doesn't see the good tape.

Is there a setup to have the media inserted immediately check, otherwise I have to do the inventory each time I changed the tape.

Thank you for your help

Louis T.

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is there a setup to have the media inserted immediately check, otherwise I have to do the inventory each time I changed the tape.

Only way that I know of

If you have a library and have enabled BarCodes,  you can do a scan, which is faster and less wear and tear on the library

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 08-21-2008 12:57 PM

LouisT_2
Level 3

Thank you for your respond, but it should have another way to do it. I dont have library, it's a stand-alone drives, but since I installed the version 12, event if I change the drive, it doesn't refresh itself, and keep the information of the previous tape.

Any other solution will be gladly receive.

Thank you in advance.

Louis T

Will_Salen
Level 3

We have the same issue with version 12.  Symantec Support told me that we always had to do a manual scan, but I am 110% positive that it used to scan automatically on insert. One of our secretaries used to be able to insert the new tape, but now a technician needs to do it as we have to tell Backup Exec to scan the partition where the tape was inserted.